- Kent, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, STD, LTD and 401K.
WHO WE ARE:
AWP is America's Traffic Control Leader, providing turnkey traffic control solutions, including professional flagging, equipment rental, and full scale work zone management for a variety of infrastructure service providers. These include nearly every major public utility – electric, gas, water and telecommunications – as well as major contractors providing services such as road paving, gas line construction, bridge inspections, geotechnical borings, sewer replenishment/replacement, and other construction related services.
We are looking for a talented, licensed Professional Engineer (PE) to join our Compliance & Engineering Department in support of temporary traffic control for municipal, transportation, environmental and water-related projects. This position will design, oversee, and support the planning and implementation of complex temporary traffic control projects while managing client relationships and providing mentorship to developing engineers.
- Applies broad and extensive knowledge of principles and practices of traffic engineering and independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures and criteria to complete assignments.
- Acquires knowledge of principles and practices of related fields to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Works on several projects of moderate scope with complex features. Plans, assigns tasks, designs, and reviews the work of professional, administrative and technical employees to produce complete project documents. Reviews the work of other engineers and technicians to ensure conformity and quality assurance. Receives guidance and supervision relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. Specific activities will include the preparation of plans, specifications, and reports for submission on highway, roadway, and other public works improvement projects.
- Assists with the preparation of proposals to provide professional services.
- Develops short and long-term goals and coordinates planning activities and resources required to meet goals. Analyzes schedule trends, determine risks and recommend options for corrective action to management for advanced and highly complex projects. Establishes plans and sets objectives and goals that support overall business strategy/results; anticipates and adjusts for problems/roadblocks.
- Reviews, develops and supports Standard Operating Procedures for developing, maintaining and archiving projects; managing resources; managing budgets; managing project changes, and managing quality performance measurements.
- Interacts with clients, customers, government officials, contractors, and field operations personnel. Represents the Company at project meetings and coordinates with government officials to accurately depict a project's traffic impact. Negotiates settlement of differences without damaging relationships; applying effective questioning and listening techniques to determine other parties' positions in a direct and diplomatic manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- BSCE or an advanced degree in focused in Transportation Engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in transportation engineering.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required. Ohio or multiple state licenses preferred.
- Solid understanding of Federal and State-specific MUTCDs, Design Standards, and Specifications.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience preferred.
- Capable of working in quick-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Proven client relationships and has served as a Project Manager for successful projects.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!