- Kent, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Retirement, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation
Rapidly growing $40 million safety services provider based in Kent, Ohio is seeking a Payroll Manager. This person will work closely with our 35 regional operations, corporate department and field offices to ensure efficient and accurate Payroll Processing.
- Prepare and process biweekly and semi-monthly payroll for union and non-union employees
- Pay taxes, child support and garnishments
- Prevailing Wage: Pay and prepare certified payrolls to compliance
- Update Payroll records by reviewing, approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions and job titles and department and division transfers
- Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- 5-7 years of progressive payroll management experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office and PDF (Adobe)
- Ability to learn and make suggestions for improving software programs
- Management of payroll team is a plus
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations/multistate region
- Strong attention to detail
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!