- Pikeville, KY, USA
- Full Time
TRAFFIC CONTROLLER – GENERAL LABORER
We currently have immediate openings for Traffic Controllers/General Laborers
in our Pikeville, KY service area!
Traffic Controller/General Laborer Responsibilities:
- Positioning temporary work zones; utilizing warning signs, traffic cones, barrels, etc. according to regulatory requirements.
- Loading and unloading work zone equipment, sometimes weighing up to 40 pounds, to/from the company vehicle.
- Driving the company vehicle to and from job site in a safe manner.
- Safely managing traffic through active work zones while standing, grasping a stop/slow paddle and utilizing radio communication.
- Completing all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Keeping company vehicle clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems.
- Complying with all AWP policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Performing any other general duties as specified.
Requirements of a Traffic Controller/General Laborer:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record as established by AWP policy.
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Must meet AWP's employment standards and/or those of the Company's clients with regards to background checks.
- Have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40lbs while loading trucks and setting up/tearing down work zones.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible weekends.
- Must pass Flagger Certification Training and CPR Training.
- Traffic control work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain, snow and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
AWP, Inc. is proud of its employees and appreciates the hard work, loyalty, and commitment they provide every day. Because of this, AWP provides:
- Competitive wages
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training
- Advancement opportunities
AWP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! EOE/F/V/M
About the Company: Area Wide Protective has been the leading provider and innovator of traffic control solutions since our inception in 1993. As we continue to rapidly grow, we are committed to identifying and hiring the best traffic control employees. Being safe and protecting the lives of our customers, co-workers, and the motoring public is our first, last and only job.