- Niles, MI, USA
- Part Time
TRAFFIC CONTROL SPECIALIST-Niles, MI
We currently have immediate openings for Traffic Control Specialists/Flaggers for our Niles Office!
The Traffic Controller/Flagger reports to the Facility Manager/Operations Supervisor and holds the following responsibilities:
- Position temporary work zones utilizing warning signs, traffic cones, barrels, etc. according to regulatory requirements.
- Load and unload work zone equipment, sometimes weighing up to 40 pounds, to/from the company vehicle.
- Drive the company vehicle to and from job sites in a safe manner.
- Stand and safely manage traffic control through active work zones while grasping a stop/slow paddle and utilizing radio communication.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Keep company vehicle clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems.
- Comply with all AWP policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Perform any other general duties as specified.
The typical requirements and duties of a Traffic Controller/Flagger:
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record by complying with standards established by AWP policy.
- Must obtain a negative drug test result prior to hire and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Must meet AWP's employment standards and/or those of the Company's clients with regards to background checks.
- Have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds while loading trucks and setting up/tearing down work zones.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible weekends.
- Must pass Flagger Certification Training and CPR Training.
- Traffic control work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain, snow and extreme temperatures. Employees may be exposed to dust, dirt, varying temperatures, loud noises, etc.
Training is offered to all employees to maintain our high safety standards and provide advancement opportunities.
AWP, Inc. is proud of its employees and appreciates the hard work, loyalty, and commitment they provide every day. Because of this, AWP provides:
- Competitive wages
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training
- Advancement opportunities
About the Company: Area Wide Protective has been the leading provider and innovator of traffic control solutions since our inception in 1993. As we continue to rapidly grow, we are committed to identifying and hiring the best traffic control employees. Being safe and protecting the lives of our customers, co-workers, and the motoring public is our first, last and only job.